Thursday, December 9, 2010

Unboxing the Cr48 Google Chrome Notebook

I wasn't expecting the Google Chrome Notebook. It arrived today via UPS, and due to the holiday season I first assumed it was some items I had ordered for Christmas gifts. I was truly surprised upon opening the plain brown box. I had not received any communication from Google that I would be a part of the pilot program. My first reaction was that it was part of the Secret Santa program I was participating in on Reddit.com . Surely I had the best Secret Santa ever. So after posting to Reddit and expressing my delight, my Secret Santa revealed himself and cleared that up. The notebook was not from him.

I vaguely recall doing one of the Google surveys about living on the web ( Which I do really ). I must assume that I was selected as one of the pilot participants. So I will get to work using this platform and try to bring you some useful information in this blog.

I might have photographed or video the unboxing if I had known what was inside. But I can describe it pretty easily also.
Inside the UPS box, was a single laptop type cardboard box with the plastic carrying handle that is commonly used on them these days. Inside of that container was the laptop in a plastic sleeve, the laptop battery in a plastic sleeve, a 110 volt power supply / charger and three cardboard documents. Topping it off was a nice color insert on a glossy type paper/plastic that is in a triangular shape.

The documents included one describing battery installation and power supply connection. A second document describes the laptop controls, and getting on the web. The last document was a Welcome to the Chrome notebook Pilot Program.

I will photograph these items above and post very soon so you may also get a look at them.

Now here are a few screen captures for you. (any image can be enlarged by clicking it, use your back button in the browser to return to the blog.)

The inital App page with the default app's installed on startup













The various System Setting pages





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments / questions.