Friday, December 24, 2010

Thanks Google !

I really wasn't expecting to be one of those selected for the ChromeOS Pilot, but I am certainly glad that I was. It was sort of like a early Christmas present.

I am optimistic that this platform will soon be ready for market. The more I think about it, I believe that 90% of users could operate in the cloud with little or no problems at all. For my communication needs, I can do it very easily. The only time I will need something more is when processing music or video.

Google could actually stand to subsidize the the deployment of ChromeOS to manufacturers, because their return in the long run would exceed that subsidy cost. I have been wondering what the price point will be when it enters the market, and if Google did encourage manufacturers with an incentive, the cost for a device like the CR48 could reach the 100$ mark. With a price point like that I think users would flock to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments / questions.