Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two Weeks and still going strong

I have had the Cr48 for two weeks now and I am still enjoying the experience. I have little to contribute to bug reports. The most annoying thing is the Flash crashes, but this is not an everyday occurrence. As I write this, I am downtown at the local coffee shope (Java J's) and having a nice double Americano.

I am using the Cr48 more in the realm of the same usage as my mobile phone. It is a wonderful communications tools. I can keep chat, mail, facebook, and a few browser tabs going all the time. I keep my Gmail tab pinned to the desktop all the time.

Something I notice, and maybe attributable to the soft matte finish, and the cold dry weather, is a small static discharge when removing the Cr48 from the sleeve I carry it in. This concerns me some that I might zap something inadvertently and brick this notebook. Battery life is phenomenal, I can use the Cr48 normally for a couple of days before dipping down to the warning level (15%). I do use it everyday, but still rely on other computers for specific application related tasks that have no counterpart on ChromeOS. These being music related programs, editors, sequencers etc.

I would love to see a Vmware plugin, that would allow me to use my work VDI session on this device. With that I could reliably work my corporate job from just about anywhere. Maybe that will come along in the future, because the Cr48 would provide an excellent thin client.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments / questions.